Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Take 2: Grown-Up Edition

Once upon a time, I had a blog. Not many read it, mostly family and a few friends, but it was my outlet for my random-ness. Over time, I neglected it and eventually it faded into internet oblivion. I vaguely recall posts filled with day-to-day pet peeves and vacation recaps. Captivating, right?


The times, they are a-changing though and I want to document as much as humanly possible. I've never been one to journal; my few pathetic attempts at a diary growing up usually consisted of a page or two with semi-consecutive dates and then...NOTHING! I instead forced myself to rely on this uber-fragile memory to store the meaningful moments of my life. Anyway, I digress. So much of my life is about to change and I want to have something to look back on.


I'm growing up. Well, sort of. More accurately, I'm buying a house with my boyfriend of 9 years. I know, and have known for years, that Steve is The One. We are actually discussing wedding plans (September '09 baby!). But this is real. I'm on the verge of getting everything I've ever wanted and I'm terrified. Is this normal? Steve usually suffers the cold feet in the relationship (both literally and figuratively: I think he may have circulation issues) and I provide the calming influence. This complete role reversal has totally knocked me on my ass. I want to enjoy these moments, damn it!

No comments: